The Malta Development Bank (‘MDB’) is committed to making its website accessible and to improve its accessibility to its global base in accordance with the Accessibility of the Websites and Mobile Applications of Public Sector Bodies Regulations, 2019 (the ‘Regulations’) and also with a focus on the anti-discrimination requirements of the Equal Opportunities Act (Persons with Disability) of 2000 (EOA) (Chapter 413 of the Laws of Malta).
This website is largely compliant with the WCAG 2.0 Guidelines. Furthermore, MDB’s online resources and products are evaluated both manually and programmatically for conformance to these Guidelines. This website is designed to work well and be accessible when suitably updated hardware and software products are used. In particular, it is designed to work with the latest web browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox.
In order for the MDB to be compliant with the above-mentioned guidelines, the following features were implemented on MDB’s website, notably:
- a consistent HTML Heading hierarchy and information layout across different web pages is maintained;
- wherever applicable, information content is organised into HTML lists;
- wherever relevant and useful, image title, alt tag and caption are added;
- where applicable, colour contrast for text is maximised;
- actual link text is descriptive enough so that the user is correctly informed on where the link points to; and,
- all external links are implemented so that they open in new browser tabs.
MDB continuously aims to keep its website’s accessibility compliant with the Regulations.
Feedback and contact information
Whilst MDB strives to make this website as accessible as possible, in case of any accessibility issues, kindly inform us on:
- Phone: +356 2226 1700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: Malta Development Bank, 5 Triq is-Suq, il-Furjana, FRN 1083
The Malta Communications Authority (the ‘MCA’) is the entity responsible to ensure implementation of the Directive relating to the accessibility of the websites and mobile application of public sector bodies and to regulate the communications sector in Malta. In cases where any notification or request sent to MDB in accordance with regulation 7 of the Regulations is not satisfactorily addressed or is not addressed within the stipulated time frame, a formal complaint may be lodged by contacting the MCA on 21336840 or by filing an online complaint form accessible at https://mca.org.mt/consumer/forms/complaints.